The former APC disabled leader, Misbau Lawan Didi has expressed his gratitude to almighty Allah, the President, Muhammad Buhari, APC led Government and all those that supported the creation/ establishment of the Nigeria’s Commission for People with Disabilities.
In a press statements sent to The Qualitative Magazine TQM on Tuesday, he is pleased to thank the president and the entire disability community for this historical feat, it is a timely decision for total mainstreaming/inclusiveness of persons with disabilities in governance.
He specially thank Mr. President for the appointment of the Commission Governing Council Members as mentioned below:-
- Hon. Dr Hussaini Suleiman Kangiwa – Chairman – North West
- Oparaku Onyejelam Jaja – Member – South East
- Philomena Isioma Konwea – Member – South South
- Omopariola Busuyi Oluwasola – Member – South West
- Amina Rahma Audu – Member – North West
- Mrs Esther Andrew Awu – Member – North Central
- Abba Audu Ibrahim – Member – North East
- James David Lalu – Executive Secretary – North Central
“The above listed names, Congratulations to all of you and indeed disability family/Community in Nigeria, May Allah guide you to do the right things in this important assignment and may he assist you not to let us down, Please remember that the success achieved is a collective struggle for over 20 years”, he said.
Misbau, the inventor of Parasoccer in Nigeria applauded President Muhammadu Buhari for making history again, recalling that in his administration, persons with disabilities have had it so good. He has achieved the total inclusion of persons with disabilities in governance by appointing;
1) SSA and SA on disabled Matters.
2) SA on special needs office of the humanitain Minister.
3) Signing into Law the Disability discrimination Act.
4) Appointments of the Disability Commission’s Members
5) Establishing Commission for the people with disabilities.
6) Encourage the appoiment of SA office of the Hon. Speaker House of Reps. and
7) Encourage my Election as the first APC National Disabled Leader and over 120, 000 positions for PWDs in APC Leadership at all levels.
“Again Mr. President, Congratulations for the Certification of Nigeria as a Polio Free Country you are indeed a great Achiever.” He concluded.