Joint National Association of Persons With Disabilities (JONAPWD) set up a Committee to resolve the crisis rocking the Kano State Chapter of the association.
The Chairman of the Committee, Barr. Haruna Musa, the Secretary, Raheem Olatunji Yusuff and other members were in Kano to interact with all the cluster heads and all those involved in the crisis to find a way towards resolving it.
In a meeting which was highly attended by stakeholders including the Executive Secretary of National Commission for Persons With Disabilities NCPWD, Mr. James David Lalu held in Kano on Tuesday 14th June, 2022, the Committee having listened to all the relevant stakeholders within the state, came up with some resolutions on the matter with high hopes that they will bring to an end the crisis.
The Chairman of the Committee, Barr. Haruna Musa while reading the resolution, said that the cluster heads who are the custodians of JONAPWD said that there is no constituted leadership of JONAPWD in the State, therefore they have resolved on the following:
- The so called present leadership of JONAPWD Kano State should be dissolved.
- A fresh election should be conducted so that they will have a fair, legally constituted leadership of JONAPWD Kano State Chapter.
- Between 14th of June to 17th of June, 2022, the cluster heads will submit the names of their members who will represent them at the Electoral Committee after due Consultations.
- On the instruction of the Electoral Committee, the cluster heads will direct the cluster heads at the local government level to submit the names of the delegates for onward submission to the Electoral Committee.
- The Electoral Committee should plan and set a date for the election.